The livestock industry is one of the biggest industries in the world, providing billions of people with the food they need to stay happy and healthy. And at the core of this industry are quality and dependable feed supply stores like Triple L Feed & Supply. Without a steady supply of nutritious livestock feed, farmers would not be able to take care of their animals and meet the high demands of the industry. In this blog, we’re going to break down livestock feed and show you just how important it is for farmers to have a reliable livestock feed store to work with.
Nutritional Breakdown of Livestock Feed
Just like humans, animals need the appropriate nutrients to stay healthy and provide a higher yield for the farmer. Livestock feed is broken down into six different food groups that play an important role in the animal’s health and well-being.
- Vitamins are micronutrients that help improve the animal’s resistance to disease and works as a cofactor for enzymes.
- Proteins are an essential component for many livestock’s diets. Protein is a macronutrient that contains nitrogen and equips the rumen microorganisms to help digest food.
- Carbohydrates provide the main source of energy for livestock animals.
- Water is the most critical component in livestock feed and ensures normal biochemical and physiological conditions.
- Minerals aid with the proper growth and reproduction of the animal.
- Fats contain a much higher yield of calories per unit in comparison to carbohydrates and are also a rich source of energy.